Sunday, October 19, 2008

Comfort in a Can


I got really annoyed a month back when someone told my beloved Cookbook Junkie (http://www.cookbookjunkie.blogspot.com/) that real cooks don't use canned soup. Excuse me? Sometimes even the best of chef's are in the mood for a comforting casserole in classic American style! I made one for myself on this particular evening and it was delicious...

Comfort Casserole a la Amy

1 pound of medium sized shells, cooked in salted water al dente
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 soup can full of 2% lowfat milk
1 cup of diced ham
1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
Kosher salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients into a casserole dish and cook at 350 degrees in the oven until hot and bubbly!

1 comment:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to cook LOL.

That looks so good. My mom used to make something with ham and canned soup that was one of my favorites but I can't remember if it was with potatoes or noodles or something else. I'll have to ask her but I can almost guarantee that she won't remember.